Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Nutcracker

Way back in the fall, Allison was interested in the Nutcracker. Her ballet studio puts on a production annually.  The director offered her a tiny role as a mouse.  At first, Allison loved rehearsals. Then they started practicing the entire scene. Allison was in the battle scene, the most intense and scariest scene in the play.  She was terrified!  However, by the time we had gotten to this part of the process, I was financially invested in her 30 second stage debut.  I was a bit naive when I allowed Allison to take part in the ballet. There was a performance fee, a costume rental, new tights, and a new leotard requirement. Geez! She was nervous but brave and made her way through two performances without tears. I was proud of and she was proud of herself for pushing through her fears.





No comments: